Thurs 26th: An early start, just 500 miles to drive today, and it takes us around 10 hours including a couple of stops. From Savannah to Nashville via Macon, Atlanta & Chattanooga. I drive all the way, and we fall out over Lorna's driving, she says I have made her lose her confidence, I say I am not completely confident when she is driving, probably not the right thing to say. Lorna makes it too easy for me to say I'll drive, I make it too easy for Lorna to say she'll not drive. Anyway after a couple of beers at the Hyatt Happy Hour, we're talking again, and heading for John A's, dinner and country music; I suggest she has a drive by herself.
With 125 miles to go, the satnav says we have just one hour left to drive, it had been bugging me all along that the ETA was wrong, until we tumble that we lose another hour as we cross into Tennessee, we're now on Central Standard Time, or six hours behind the UK. The overcast weather turns to rain before changing to sunshine at last, and it's 25 deg C when we reach Nashville.
The drive is pretty straightforward, but you do have to get used to undertaking as well as overtaking, and of course the hundreds of large rigs which do just as they please, switch lanes all the time and sit on your tail at 70 mph. The roads are better than I expected, and our route takes us through the centre of Atlanta which is impressive.
Spend today: hotel (card, but already accounted for); petrol (cash and then card); dinner at Johns As (card)
No comments:
Post a Comment