Wed 18th: Overcast and very humid, breakfast at the beach bar and then the tour bus. Two main stops are The Little White House, and the Harry Truman story, and the Key West home of Ernest Hemingway. This takes most of the day. The Harry Truman story is excellently narrated by Bob, and this is an unexpected jewel. Lunch is at a little Cuban cafe.
Our sunset cruise is upgraded to Commotion on the Ocean, and we take a cab to the keyside and join 70 other revellers onboard the Caribbean Fury, weak booze, edible food but great blusey music. Lorna gets another hit for Lorna's Leap and the lady signs up for Give Kids the World. Bill's a Harley riding accountant from Chicago, she's Teresa from Texas, and they don't like Mr. Obama one little bit!
After many Mojitos, I'm completely sober, but then I guess they don't want 70 drunks aboard an ocean going vessel, even if it's just the "head" cleaning they're worried about; I'm not so sure about Lorna who has managed to get her champagne glass refilled several times. The evening ends with chocolate coated key lime pie on a stick, from Kermit's, one of the delights of Key West.
Our sunset cruise is upgraded to Commotion on the Ocean, and we take a cab to the keyside and join 70 other revellers onboard the Caribbean Fury, weak booze, edible food but great blusey music. Lorna gets another hit for Lorna's Leap and the lady signs up for Give Kids the World. Bill's a Harley riding accountant from Chicago, she's Teresa from Texas, and they don't like Mr. Obama one little bit!
After many Mojitos, I'm completely sober, but then I guess they don't want 70 drunks aboard an ocean going vessel, even if it's just the "head" cleaning they're worried about; I'm not so sure about Lorna who has managed to get her champagne glass refilled several times. The evening ends with chocolate coated key lime pie on a stick, from Kermit's, one of the delights of Key West.
Spend today: breakfast (cash); tour bus (card); lunch (cash); taxi (cash); sunset cruise balance (card)
No comments:
Post a Comment